- Superb age-appropriate introduction to curriculum-relevant subjects
- Covers all studies, from Animals to American History, Geography to Science
- "Words to Know" glossary clarifies subject-specific vocabulary
- "Learning More" section encourages independent study
- Index makes navigating subject matter easy
2/1/08 Library Media Connection
Introducing important historical, governmental, and cultural information, this series teaches young students the premises and symbols associated with the United States. The content is inquiry based. Readers are challenged to investigate through two questions posed. Easy-to-read text, colorful and interesting facts, varied fonts, and colorful illustrations or photographs increase reader appeal. Difficult vocabulary words appear in bold text throughout and definitions are discovered in each book's glossary. Presented along with the text are additional books, Web sites, and places to visit. Encouraging personal reflection and continued investigation on the value and benefits of the exploration, government, symbols, and the people of the United States, each book increases knowledge of specific topics. Interactions and descriptions within the set's volumes engage children with those people, symbols, and institutions. Recommended.