- Maps, charts, and graphs created expressly for Watts Libraryô
- Sidebars highlighting fast facts, quick biographies, and other extracted information
- Timeline (in all social studies titles)
- "To Find Out More" (books, organizations, websites, films/videos, audio)
- "A Note on Sources" (a note from the author describing his or her research materials and processes)
3/1/04 School Library Journal (Curriculum Connections)
Essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals, food pyramid facts, the importance of exercise, and common diet concerns are explained in five simple but informative chapters. Full-color photos of children engaged in everyday activities add appeal.