This product is offered exclusively by Scholastic Inc.
Visit the Scholastic Guided Reading Programs website
for more information.
Scholastic Guided Reading Programs deliver the materials you need to help ALL students become strategic and independent readers who love to read! The programs were created and carefully leveled by Dr. Gay Su Pinnell, America's leading authority on guided reading. The instruction aligns to No Child Left Behind, including rigorous guided practice in comprehension, phonics, phonemic awareness, vocabulary, and fluency. The Guided Reading system for book leveling assigns each book a letter (A-Z) based on the degree of challenge it represents.
Our Guided Reading Content Areas Program enhances students' knowledge in Science, Social Studies, and Mathematics and builds reading skills! Fill your guided reading sessions with rich content while you develop essential vocabulary, build background knowledge, and develop strategic reading skills.
The program features:
Each Leveled Library Includes:
- Titles aligned to content area standards in Science, Social Studies, and Mathematics.
- Carefully leveled books that give students access to critical knowledge.
- Lesson plans that develop important skills for reading informational text.
- A Teacher's Guide written by Dr. Gay Su Pinnell.
Guided Reading Content Areas Level U:
- 60 Trade Books (6 copies of 10 titles)
- Teacher's Guide by Dr. Gay Su Pinnell
- 10 Teaching Cards with instructional suggestions for each title
- Leveling Stickers for identifying leveled books
- Attractive Storage Box
Books cover a breadth of topics and present specific, technical information; illustrations require interpretation and connection to text; text requires readers to employ a wide range of reading strategies.
Level U titles*:
- Count to a Million
- The Life and Death of Stars
- September 11, 2001
- The Truth About Great White Sharks
- Under the Ocean
- African-Americans in the Thirteen Colonies
- The Challenger Disaster
- Freedom Train: The Story of Harriet Tubman
- Remember the Ladies: 100 Great American Women
- The Watsons Go to Birmingham 1963
*Titles are subject to availability.