Visit the Spring Reading website
for more information.
An effective reading intervention program matches students to leveled text and teaches the strategies readers need to decode and comprehend. Scholastic Sprint reading engages struggling readers with motivating books aligned to core curriculum and supports educators with comprehensive, practical plans for teaching essential skills. Available for Upper Elementary and Middle School, Sprint Reading accelerates growth and builds reading success.
Meet your critical needs-
- Match students with motivating, high-interest books that they are able to read and enjoy.
- Provide award-winning fiction and nonfiction titles that are age-appropriate and support content-area learning.
- Provide phonemic awareness, phonics, and word study instruction that will help students decode words independently.
- Build vocabulary and reading fluency.
- Improve ability to self-monitor comprehension and apply meaning-making strategies to a variety of texts.
- Strengthen students writing skills.
- Assess progress continually through formal and informal measures:
Each Sprint Reading collection includes:
- 8 titles, 6 copies each (48 books total)
- 6 Student Workbooks
- Teacher's Guide
- Placement Guide
- Storage Case