Visit the Action Book Collections website
for more information.
High-Interest reading with integrated skills support.
Designed for the struggling reader, Scholastic Action Book Collections offer independent reading practice combined with innovative support to increase comprehension and language acquisition. Motivating, skill-building activities, integrated into each component, provide structured engagement and accountability for every title.
Action Book Collections offer:
- Quality high-interest books, featuring multiple genres and text structures.
- An equal balance of fiction and nonfiction correlated to core curriculum content.
- Books with embedded reading strategies and targeted vocabulary, fostering reading success.
- Interactive Reader's Notes that students use as they read, with questions for oral and written response.
- Teachers Guides with differentiated instruction and practical intervention ideas for each skill.
Each Action Book Collection includes:
- 36 Books: 6 copies each of 6 high-interest titles
- Student Reader's Notes for each title (20 copies each)
- Storage case
Multiple Levels Per Collection
- Level 1: Grade 1.0-2.5 readability; Lexile level 200-450
- Level 2: Grade 2.5-5.0 readability; Lexile level 400-700
- Level 3: Grade 5.0-6.5 readability; Lexile level 600-900