In this comprehensive resource, reading specialist Wiley Blevins, the author of the best-selling Phonics From A to Z: A Practical Guide, offers a wealth of research-based strategies and systematic, easy-to-implement activities to aid teachers in teaching the alphabet and helping young learners get ready to read. Designed to work with any reading program, the step-by-step lesson ideas and engaging reproducible and interactive whiteboard activities provide powerful and purposeful practice opportunities for students.
This 438-page binder that includes:
• Sample teaching schedules, lessons, and instructional routines that streamline instruction and create consistent classroom practices
• 27 units (one for each letter and one for the alphabet) that focus on phonemic awareness, letter recognition, letter writing practice, letter sequence, letter-sound relationships, and decoding simple words
• Whole-class, small group, and independent practice activities
• Ready-to-use learning centers, storybooks, letter writing practice, reproducible patterns (letter forms, pictures, puppets, and more)
• Phonemic awareness, alphabet, and phonics assessments
• CD with 150+ lessons and activities adapted for the interactive whiteboard 438 pages + CD.