New Connections to English features carefully selected children’s literature to provide English language learners with access to academic language and the opportunity to build background knowledge. With these K–8 libraries, students can move through three early proficiency levels, increasing language and literacy at each level. The program also addresses the five components identified by the National Reading Panel: phonemic awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension.
This product is offered exclusively by Scholastic Inc.
The New Connections to English library has a variety of different genres and is designed for independent reading, partner reading, and read aloud in order to reach its goals of increasing proficiency levels and academic knowledge.
New Connections to English will help English language learners:
• Develop vocabulary and oral proficiency.
• Practice academic language.
• Utilize explicit and intentional reading strategies.
• Access curriculum content.
• 100 Books: 2 copies of 45 authentic titles and 10 read-alouds
• 7 Bestselling references books, including Scholastic’s Children’s Thesaurus and Scholastic Dictionary of Idioms
• Professional Guide
• Activity Resources CD with Black Line Masters
• Proficiency Stickers and Title List
• Display Box
Visit the New Connections to English
for more information and downloadable title lists.