This product is offered exclusively by Scholastic Inc.
Visit the Scholastic Guided Reading Programs website
for more information.
Scholastic Guided Reading Programs deliver the materials you need to help ALL students become strategic and independent readers who love to read! The programs were created and carefully leveled by Dr. Gay Su Pinnell, America's leading authority on guided reading. The instruction aligns to No Child Left Behind, including rigorous guided practice in comprehension, phonics, phonemic awareness, vocabulary, and fluency. The Guided Reading system for book leveling assigns each book a letter (A-Z) based on the degree of challenge it represents.
Guided Reading Nonfiction Focus Program* will enrich your reading curriculum with both nonfiction titles (60%) and fiction titles (40%) in an exciting array of genres. This targeted, purposeful instruction is ideal for student success on standardized tests. With this carefully designed program and your support, every student can achieve reading fluency.
Guided Reading Nonfiction Focus Level W (Grades 5-6)
- Books present complex information requiring readers to employ a wide range of content knowledge and understand the basic organizational structure of nonfiction. Titles include: You Want Women to Vote, Lizzie Stanton? Fritz, Sea Otter Rescue Smith, From Rags to Riches Aaseng, Our World of Mysteries Lord, The First Woman Doctor Baker, Through My Eyes Bridges, The Phantom Tollbooth Juster, Buried In Ice Beattie and Geiger, Dive! Earle, The Moon Bridge Savin
- Topics explore the human condition and social issues.
- Texts vary in length; print is generally in a small font.
*100% of the Guided Reading Nonfiction Focus Edition titles are different from the best-selling Guided Reading Fiction Focus Edition titles.
Each Leveled Library Includes:
- 60 Trade Books (6 copies of 10 titles)
- Expanded Teacher's Guide by Dr. Gay Su Pinnell which includes detailed lists of student behaviors to support at each level.
- 10 Book Cards with instructional suggestions for each title
- Leveling Stickers for identifying leveled books
- Attractive Storage Box