View Sample Pages
In this amazing kit, writing expert Ruth Culham gives you grade-perfect mentor texts with in-depth lessons to help you teach the traits of writing—ideas, organization, voice, word choice, sentence fluency, and conventions. The seventh-grade version includes:
• 6 mentor texts: After Ever After by Jordan Sonnenblick; The Boy Who Dared by Susan Campbell Bartolli; Oh My Gods by Megan E. Bryant; A Drop of Water by Walter Wick; Music of the Dolphins by Karen Hesse; Henry’s Freedom Box by Ellen Levine
• 6 16-page teaching guides, each with four model lessons, student reproducibles, a scoring rubric, and extension activities;
• A CD with mentor-text passages, whiteboard activities, and student reproducibles
• 6 teaching posters perfect for middle school.
Add to this Culham's best-selling professional book, Using Mentor to Teach Writing With the Traits, and color-coded stickers, and you’ve got a complete resource for teaching with the traits. Best of all, these materials are organized in a sturdy box with hanging folders—one for each trait—for easy, expandable storage that will accommodate trait-based lesson materials for years to come.
• 6 trade books
• 6 teaching guides
• professional book, posters, stickers, file foldersClick here to learn more about Scholastic Professional
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader® software, version 4.0 or higher, to view and print the sample page above. Get Adobe Reader®