View Sample Pages
These 15 standards-based activities with mystery-picture drawings really motivate students to practice key math skills. After students complete each skill sheet, they use their answers to follow step-by-step directions that guide them to draw a hidden picture. Since only correct answers will create the right picture, these activities are self-checking and make great independent work or homework. Topics include addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and decimals, geometry, measurement, and more. 80 pages.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader® software, version 4.0 or higher, to view and print the sample page above. Get Adobe Reader®
Ideas for Differentiation
Here are some ways to help students who learn and work at different rates.
For students who may need more support than others:
• Check students’ Solve It pages before they read the Hidden Picture Directions.
• Read aloud the directions as students follow along.
• Have students highlight the steps they need to follow (or cross out the
wrong choices) to help them focus on the right steps.
• Complete a selected number of steps with students to help them get started with their picture.
• Pair struggling students with higher-skill students who can assist with checking problems and reading the directions.