Packed with surefire learning strategies and dozens of practice pages to sharpen computational fluency, this book provides teachers with everything they need to help students master the 200 addition and subtraction facts that lay the groundwork for building proficiency and speed in problem solving.
Veteran teacher Richard Piccirilli guides teachers through five steps to teaching for math-fact mastery. These steps help students
1. Develop a concrete understanding of multiplication and division
2. Use strategies that make learning facts easier and less stressful
3. Practice the procedures and strategies
4. Do meaningful drill exercises to ensure automatic recall
5. Test for mastery so that teachers can pinpoint areas for reteaching 160 pages.