View Sample Pages
Help every primary learner build basic writing skills with graphic organizers designed at three levels of challenge. Each of the 15 model lessons in this book is paired with three ready-to-use organizers that support and engage a range of learners and boost their writing skills. Topics include types of sentences, descriptive writing, elaborating, how-to paragraphs, writing in response to literature, and more! 96 pages.Click here to learn more about Scholastic Professional
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader® software, version 4.0 or higher, to view and print the sample page above. Get Adobe Reader®
How is this book organized?
Eah chapter follows the same organizational structure:
• Name and define a target concept
• Provide an activity through which we introduce the concept to students
• Transition from a concrete activity to a piece of quality literature to illustrate the concept in a more abstract form
• Offer a model lesson in which we provide direct instruction of the concept that prepares students for the tiered graphic organizers
• Include three tiered graphic organizers: beginning, developing, and extended
• List two picture books and one chapter book, with annotations, that teachers can use in a follow-up lesson.