Teaching writing just got easier and more effective because of these sturdy “crates.” In them, teachers will find everything they need to help students use the six traits-ideas, organization, voice, word choice, sentence fluency, and conventions-improve their writing. Each crate contains an array of materials designed to engage students and enrich their writing experiences, including:
• 6 high-interest picture books hand selected for each trait
• 6 teaching guides filled with step-by-step lessons, graphic organizers, a scoring guide, and extension activities
• Sing-Along Trait Songs, a music CD containing lively, trait-specific songs to share with your students. Includes a “bonus track” on presentation.
• 6 full-color 17” x 22” posters contain lyrics to the songs on the CD
• Color-coded stickers for organizing classroom libraries and teaching materials
•U sing Picture Books to Teach Writing With the Traits: K-2, 112-page resource containing 18 step-by-step lessons and 150 annotations
of new and classic books, organized by trait
What's more, each crate comes with hanging folders—one for each trait—for easy, expandable storage for years to come.
First Grade Picture Books
Ideas: When I Am Old With You
Organization: Red-Eyed Tree Frog
Voice: Dog Breath
Word Choice: A Grand Old Tree
Sentence Fluency: Whales Passing
Conventions: Where Are You Going?
• 6 high-interest picture books
• 6 teaching guides
• Sing-along Trait Songs CD
• 6 full-color 17” x 22” posters
• Color-coded stickers
• Using Picture Books to Teach Writing With the Traits: K-2"