View Sample Pages
In this amazing kit, writing expert Ruth Culham gives you grade-perfect picture books with in-depth lessons to help you teach the traits of writing—ideas, organization, voice, word choice, sentence fluency, and conventions. The fourth-grade version includes
• 6 picture books: A Bad Case of Stripes; The Mud Pony; Wolf!; My Mama Had a Dancing Heart; Come On, Rain!; When Comma Came to Town
• Six 16-page teaching guides, each with a step-by-step model lesson, graphic organizers, a scoring rubric, and extension activities;
• 12 transparencies; and
• 6 colorful teaching posters.
Add to this Culham's best-selling professional book, Using Picture Books to Teach Writing With the Traits, and color-coded stickers, and you’ve got a complete resource for teaching with the traits. Best of all, these materials are organized in a sturdy box with hanging folders—one for each trait—for easy, expandable storage that will accommodate trait-based lesson materials for years to come.
• 6 picture books
• 6 16-page teaching guides
• 6 posters—one per trait
• 12 teaching transparencies
• 120 Stickers
• 6 expandable folders—one per trait
• Plus a professional book: Using Picture Books to Teach Writing With the TraitsClick here to learn more about Scholastic Professional
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader® software, version 4.0 or higher, to view and print the sample page above. Get Adobe Reader®